Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back at the Hospital

This time it is a good thing though! Skylar has been doing really well with his feedings and they have been advancing him steadily through their protocols. He has taken four feedings a day consistently and the next step is a 12-hour request period. Basically I hang out here all day and whenever he wants to eat....I feed him. If he does well with this, then they take out his feeding tube and they watch him for a 24-hour period while he gets all of his nutrition from a bottle or the breast. This will be an extra good thing since he has pulled out his feeding tube of his own accord twice in the past day. He then proceeds to cry when they put it back in. Apparently he wants to leave just as much as I do :) Pray that he continues to do well and we get him out of here this weekend!

1 comment:

Shana Anderson said...

Glad to hear that Skylar is doing well. I thought you would let us know how much weight he is gaining. I am keeping you guys and him in my prayers each day.

Hanging out at a hospital is not my idea of a good time so hopefully you will get the baby and you home together with Ryan all at the same time. Happy reunion!!

Good luck to all of you.

Love Ya! Grandma Shana