Monday, September 6, 2010

Advantages

I've been trying to focus on the positive recently, and after my last novel of a post, I feel like giving people something to celebrate! So without further ado....

5 Advantages to Not Being Pregnant Anymore

1. I can brush my teeth without throwing up.

2. I no longer have to eat breakfast within 15 minutes of waking up to prevent more throwing up.

3. My feet are almost back to a normal size.

4. Sleeping is easy! (I can still say this since my baby is sleeping in another location. I have a feeling this will wear off faster than all the others.)

5. In another week my swelling will hopefully have gone down enough to wear shoes and my wedding ring again!


5 Advantages to Having a C-Section

1. No episiotomy or tearing. Need I say more?

2. I'm not supposed to lift anything. I get to be waited on hand and foot :)

3. I am now more empathetic towards my Uncle Blake who recently had spinal surgery and had to relearn how to walk. I may rub it in that it only took me two days to get on my feet, whereas it took him almost a month. (totally kidding btw)

4. My doctor told me I am not allowed to clean for 6-8 weeks. Whereas this will be hard for me to just leave things alone, the break will still be nice.

5. I'm not supposed to climb stairs. I will never feel lazy when I take the elevator.

I have many things to be grateful for. More to come! I'm probably going to be blogging much more now that I have a doctor's order to take it easy...

1 comment:

Brittny said...

May I request that with your increased blogging we get some pictures of Skylar up here? I know I get to see him in person every so often, but I'm sure there are those who are DYING to see your adorable son!