Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pardon the Absence.....

So I realize that it has been awhile since I've posted, and I can see in my stats that people keep coming and checking to see if I've written anything.....so here is a quick update to at least explain my recent absence.

I am currently enrolled in my LAST semester of my undergrad. After five years, I am completely ready for April 21 to get here so I can finally have my 161 credit hours count for something :) I think it is absolutely disgusting that I have that many credits and nothing to show for it, but thankfully we're in the home stretch. I also find it funny that most people have a graduate degree AND undergrad by the time they accumulate 161 credits and I'm still holding out for my bachelor's. *sigh*

Unfortunately, since we had such a scary September I wasn't able to take any classes last semester. This means that basically I'm packing two semesters into one. So now I'm taking 18 credits, 4 of which are graduate credits. Yes, I'm pretty much insane, but I just want to be able to spend time with this man and little man!

Go Cougars!

I also recently took a job doing early morning custodial on campus. On top of everything else, our car ended up dying on us in the beginning of December so we had to buy a new (used) car. This meant that we had to plan a car payment into our budget, which we have never had to do. I hadn't realized how much I had taken for granted that we owned our last car. Add to that our large pile of medical bills, and the necessity of a second income came into play. We didn't want to go into debt, and we were very blessed that I was able to find this job. Ryan is able to watch Skylar while I work, watch being a very loose term since they sleep the whole time, since I work from 4:30-8 in the morning. Not my favorite, but I'm grateful that we were able to work things out.

Just to give you a taste of our days, this is my weekly schedule.

Monday: Work from 4:30-8. Class from 9-1.
Tuesday: Work from 4:30-8. Class from 9-11, 12-1, 4-5, and 6-7 (I HATE Tuesdays).
Wednesday: Work from 4:30-8. Class from 9-12.
Thursday: Work from 4-30-8. Class from 9-11, 12-1, and 4-5
Friday: Work from 4:30-8. Class from 9-12

Crazy, no? My theory is you can do anything for 3 1/2 months. I figure I can get a C in a class and it won't kill me, but I'm hoping not to have to test that theory out :) Ryan is also working full time and taking 12 credits, so we barely see each other. So for those of you that have complained that we have fallen off the face of the earth and you never hear from us, take some solace in knowing that we hardly see each other either!

Needless to say, you probably won't see many more posts from me for another 2 months or so. I'm sure most people that read this just want to hear about Skylar, so here are his four month stats (even though they are almost a month old at this point):

Height: 24 inches (20th percentile)

Weight: 13 lbs 15 oz (25th percentile)

Head circumference: 43.2 cm (75th percentile)

Yep, his height and weight are catching up to others his age, and his head is leaps and bounds above the rest! What is funny is that for his gestational age he is in the 115th percentile for head. Silly child. Hopefully it means he has a nice large brain :)


Our own baby Einstein :)

Well I have a sleeping child and as lame as it sounds, it is time for me to go to bed.....yes it is only 7:30, but I wake up at 3:30. You can do anything for 3 1/2 months right?! Humor me and nod your head yes. Oh well, here's to graduating! Hopefully next post you see has me in a cap and gown :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

You are incredible! I in no way envy the schedule you are keeping. Are you breastfeeding? If so, how?! Best of luck. We miss you guys.