Friday, May 14, 2010

Sleepless in South Provo

Our current pillow to bed ratio: 5:1

Occupant to bed ratio: 2:1

Logical pillow to occupant ratio: 2.5:1

Actual pillow to occupant ratio: 4:1 and 1:1

If you haven't guessed it yet, I am the 4:1 and Ryan gets the 1:1. The poor man :( He ends up with 1/3 of the bed while I build myself a nest with three large pillows and a body pillow (which is really more like two pillows).

Who knew that pregnancy would equal the need for more sleep, but yet also completely worthless uncomfortable sleep?! Answer: all mothers and any other pregnant women. Ugh, I feel absolutely worthless lying in bed. I can't lay on my stomach because I feel like I'm sleeping on top of a softball, and I mentally picture myself squishing my baby. My side is the most comfortable, but my back always feels supremely arched if I'm not supporting it with a pillow.

My solution? You guessed it, millions of pillows all around my body squished into every crack so I can't move. Ryan has to pack me in at night before I go to sleep :) Of course I never wake up in my nice little nest. Somehow by three in the morning all the pillows have migrated to the bottom of the bed, and Ryan mysteriously has one in between his legs.

*sigh* These 20 weeks are going to be very long, and I am guessing it is going to get worse before it gets better. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Emilyjane said...

Sounds like its time for a pregnancy pillow!!! Also... invest in a chiropractor, by around 25 weeks my back hurt so bad that I could hardly walk and it was from sleeping.. so I always took a nice hot shower to relax me before I went to bed, slept with at least a pillow in between my legs and saw the chiropractor weekly. It made a HUGE difference in my sleeping habits. Good thing you arent comfortable sleeping on your back because all that weight can pinch some serious nerves and make your legs go numb all while robbing your tiny little baby of some essential O2! I hope bedtime starts to get better for you! Like I said.. seems like you are in serious need of a preggo pillow! INVEST!!

Love you and miss you and must see you soon!