Saturday, April 17, 2010

Recentness...

Sigh, I always set goals to do better at blogging, but it never happens! The stupid thing is is that I always think about what I am going to write about....and then I never just sit down and write it! I always postpone the inevitable thinking that I should wait so I can write about more than one thing at a time. This equates to a huge post which never gets written because it would just be too long. So instead of waiting to post anything until I have all of the pictures that I want I'm going to just write about what I can now, and then update about other things later :)

The first big thing that has happened to us lately is that my two youngest brothers and my dad came to visit! It was just a short random visit during their spring break over Easter weekend. It was soo good to see them, but also reminded me of how much I miss them. While they were here we went up to my grandparents in Logan and spent time with my dad's side of the family. Only about half of us were there, but there are so many of us that you would never guess that people were missing. I love going up to Logan and being around so many people that I love and that love me back. It is just so comforting to know that so many people love you and accept you for who you are.

My dad and brothers were planning on going home on Monday night, but decided to stay for one more day so they could come to our choir devotional on Tuesday! I'm sure it wasn't the most exciting part of their trip (Cody admitted to me that he fell asleep before the last number....punk) but it meant a lot to me that they were willing to extend their trip to come hear me sing! I have loved being a part of Women's Chorus and being able to share my love of music, my testimony, and the peace and joy that can come from singing with those who come to hear us. The only thing I regret is that my family in California hasn't been able to come hear. Let's face it, it's a long way to travel just to come to a concert, but I keep hoping that someday their vacation travels and our concerts will coincide so they can come to one of our full-length concerts. Here's to hoping! Either way, it meant a lot to me that they would come and share in our music with us, and that they would stay longer, even though it would mean getting back to CA after midnight and driving in the snow. Hopefully next time Mom and Jayson can come too!

Other than that, we're just getting ready for finals around here. The funny thing is, I only have two finals left! As of Wednesday I was pretty much done, even though most people hadn't even started. At least that is one good thing about the BYU School of Music, they finish before finals week and give you an extra week of break more or less. Anyways I just have a take home final left, and one scheduled final on Wednesday. Jealous of me? You should be. Just remember though that I took 8 classes this semester and only got 12.5 credits for it. Shoot me in the face.
Well that is all for us for now! Hopefully I can get my pictures soon and put up posts that might actually interest people :)

No comments: